Believe it or not, 2016 is Blumenhof's 31st vintage. Now, over those many years we've won our share of shiny medals, but we really can't claim to be the shiny model of a success story--we're still a smallish family-owned farm winery with limited production and distribution. Nevertheless, we're still here, doing what we love doing: making the best wine we can from locally-grown grapes.
When we started making wine in 1986, most people seemed to think local was about as sexy as William Shatner in polyester double-knit. Now, local is super-hot--think Margot Robbie in a bubble bath--or at least that's what people like to say. But as we like to say, talk is cheap. What's needed is a little more direct action. So, in that spirit we've invited the following like-minded individuals--i.e., small, family-owned enterprises like Blumenhof--to join us in "going local" at our 2nd Annual Kristkindl Markt (here in Merry Olde Dutzow on Saturday, December 10):
(in alphabetical order)
- AMANDA COPLING (artist)
- BOURBON HONEY FARM (locally-produced honey)
- CAFÉ MOSAIC (café, caterer)
- FARM TO YOU MARKET (café, deli, grocery, locally-raised meats)
- FERN & SYCAMORE (retailer of American-made products)
- MK DESIGNS & PHOTOGRAPHY (handmade jewelry, photography)
- MM HEAVY METAL (metal artwork)
- PLUSH BOUTIQUE (fashion, home decor)
- REPURPOSED WOODWORKING (handmade furniture)
- ROBIN HULL (caricature artist)
- RODRIGO PINEDA PHOTOGRAPHY (photography, photo booth)
- RYAN SNIDER (handmade ceramics)
- SAFE MAMA HEALTHY FAMILY (handmade jewelry, Poofy Organics products)
Despite the name, our Kristkindl Markt is really as much a holiday festival as a marketplace. In addition to the producers and merchants above, we'll have hot food, adult beverages, a photo booth, live entertainment by THE TALL POPPIES band (2 - 5 pm), and even an appearance by SANTA CLAUS. As always, Blumenhof's friendly and good-looking elves will be here to provide assistance and to pour generous servings of warm MULLED WINE (made with our Devil's Den Red, of course). In other words, we'll have pretty much everything you want in a holiday festival--except the bubble bath.
HOLIDAY WINE LIST
Available Anywhere in Missouri for $9.99 per case of 12 bottles!
Phone 800-419-2245, or get started on an order here
2015 CRIMSON CABERNET: Made from an exciting new wine grape variety that is a cross of Cynthiana (a.k.a. "Norton") with Cabernet Sauvignon.
Single Bottle Price: $30 - HOLIDAY CASE PRICE PER BOTTLE: $18
2015 RAYON d'OR: Made from the rare Rayon d'Or grape, this wine offers fresh apple and citrus character that is highlighted by a slightly sweet finish.
Single Bottle Price: $15 - HOLIDAY CASE PRICE PER BOTTLE: $9
Merry Christmas from your friends at Blumenhof Winery!